Essential Power Systems
Norton Consultants have many decades experience with the provision of stand-by and high-availabilty essential power solutions for industry.
Power systems developed by Norton Consultants have included battery-backed solar panel (remote area power supply) systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units in various redundancy arrangements and standby and base-load generation systems providing a permanent power solution to applications ranging from commercial data centers and commercial premises to cool rooms, airport refueliing systems and industrial process plants.
Services offered in this field include:
- Scoping and determination of continuity and supply requirements
- Negotiations with Supply Authorities on the client’s behalf to reduce maximum demand tariffs with standby power providing peak load demand.
- Design of the entire power system – both HV and LV – including switchboards, cables, control systems, alarm systems and remote control interfaces.
- Client liason to assist in minimising the business impact when a standby power system is integrated with an existing power system, without significant disruption of power to the site.
- Commissioning and shutdown supervision to ensure that the cut-over works are completed in a safe manner and achieve a satisfactory result.
- Manuals, documentation and training.
Stand-by and co-generation power plant recently commisioned by Norton Consultants includes a range of diesel generating sets up to 1MW per unit and dual-redundant UPS units of up to 100kVA capacity.
Please contact us for the latest information and to discuss how we can assist you with your next project.