Aerospace and Defence
Norton Consultants have a long history of specification, design, implementation and review of complex modern control systems for a number of defence and aerospace clients.
Building upon our specialist expertise in aviation fuel handling and hazardous areas, our ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking has enabled our clients to obtain the safety, reliability, accuracy and operational security that their installations require – often using commercial off-the-shelf technology to do so.
A diverse range of projects have included:
- LTQ Engineering, Tullamarine – Engine Test Cell upgrade
- Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) – Assessment and upgrade of T56 Engine Test Cell controls.
- Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) – Review of maintenance documentation
- Boeing, Fishermans Bend – aluminium component handling and finishing facilities.
- Australian Defence Industries (ADI) Mulwala – high-voltage and process upgrades
- Australian Defence Industries (ADI) Benalla – sitewide electrical services
Responsibilities included the design of highly specialised earthing systems, lightning protection, power, instrumentation and communications systems including environmental control and material selection to minimise hazards in explosives manufacturing and handling areas.